Re: [jokosher-devel] The road to 1.0

On 11/20/06, Stuart Langridge <sil kryogenix org> wrote:
We should decide on exactly what features need to go into 1.0.
Obviously bugfixes as bugs arise, but what else? I think everyone
wants to have Network Instruments and the VoIP stuff, and we get to be
fully Gnome buzzword compliant by using Telepathy as well :) We should
have a meeting about this. What does everyone think to Sunday 26th
November (this Sunday) at 2pm GMT?

I spoke to Laszlo about a meeting a week ago and suggested Sunday 26th too.

My view is that 1.0 will be largely the same as the current release,
but with a number of bug fixes and usability refinements. My initial
thoughts:

* Get multi-channel recording finished.
* Add additional required bits to the extension API.
* Improve the effects support to support multi-pad effects.
* Refine the presets code a bit, and support importing of presets.
* Implement a bunch of usability fixes.

There are no major new features here, just lots of refinement and
bugfixing, and as Aq says, we should stick to GStreamer releases. This
should be much easier as GStreamer is largely working for us right
now. I have asked the GStreamer guys to make a new release soon and
they should have one out in the next few weeks. I recommend we freeze
for 1.0 in early Feb to get our release in Feisty. That is not far
away, particularly with Christmas in the way too.

Personally, I think the funky new features need to wait for post 1.0.

 Jono