Re: [jokosher-devel] Run script for 0.2

On 11/7/06, Khusro Jaleel <kerneljack gmail com> wrote:
This sounds like it could be quite useful as currently I have to manually
update GStreamer CVS everyday and recompile to make sure I am up to date; I
also have to update Jokosher from svn.

The goal here is that this script will *not* be for Jokosher
developers who want to track the svn HEAD or gstreamer CVS HEAD.
Instead, we will nominate a particular CVS revision of GStreamer that
we *know* works with Jokosher 0.2, and the script will download and
compile that specific revision (and ignore any later changes).

How exactly are you doing this, is it distro specific?

It shouldn't be. However, it won't actually *install* dependencies,
it'll just tell you that you need them and you have to work out for
yourself how to actually install them on your distribution. I can't do
a lot better than that without making this a proper install system
rather than a quick script, which I'm trying to avoid. This script
should only be needed for 0.2; by the time we get to the next release,
1.0 in early 2007, the GStreamer in distributions should be good
enough to run it.

sil

--
Penelope Pitstop: Ohhh, it's my arch enemy, the Hooded Claw!
The Hooded Claw: Who did you expect? Dick Dastardly?