Re: [jokosher-devel] GNOME dependency

Problem is, I'm not entirely sure that this will work in it's entirety.

The guy we had on IRC (xfce guy) was having problems getting hardware recognised, and we think it may be because of the gnome hal stuff not being there. And possibly gnome vfs.

The guy online (kde guy) didn't have librsvg, and so he couldn't add any instruments because there were no pictures available because it couldn't process the SVG graphics.....

I guess this is going to all boil down to the unit testing stuff, which we will need to run under different base systems.....

Ben

On 7/31/06, chris procter <chris-procter talk21 com> wrote:

--- Stuart Langridge <sil kryogenix org> wrote:

> > 1. Do we know exactly which packages are the real
> dependencies?
>
> I don't, certainly. Packagers? We could do with
> someone with xfce or
> KDE installing Jokosher and establishing what you
> need to make it
> work.

To install Jokosher on xubuntu:
1) goto
http://jokosher.python-hosting.com/wiki/JokosherOnUbuntu

2) follow instructions.

3) profit...

There is an xubuntu section with the list of packages
that allowed me to run Jokosher with xubuntu (which I
still do)

I would guess kubuntu would have the same list. The
list for ubuntu server is the same but with X and
windowmaker (or an inferior window manager if you
must) added.

On the same page there is also a rough list of stuff
edgy was reported as needing.

I have a whole bunch of libgnome-x stuff installed, at
a guess mostly by xfce, on my laptop but Gnome in its
entirety is not a dependancy.

chris