Re: [jokosher-devel] GNOME dependency

--- Stuart Langridge <sil kryogenix org> wrote:

> > 1. Do we know exactly which packages are the real
> dependencies?
>
> I don't, certainly. Packagers? We could do with
> someone with xfce or
> KDE installing Jokosher and establishing what you
> need to make it
> work.

To install Jokosher on xubuntu:
1) goto
http://jokosher.python-hosting.com/wiki/JokosherOnUbuntu

2) follow instructions.

3) profit...

There is an xubuntu section with the list of packages
that allowed me to run Jokosher with xubuntu (which I
still do)

I would guess kubuntu would have the same list. The
list for ubuntu server is the same but with X and
windowmaker (or an inferior window manager if you
must) added.

On the same page there is also a rough list of stuff
edgy was reported as needing.

I have a whole bunch of libgnome-x stuff installed, at
a guess mostly by xfce, on my laptop but Gnome in its
entirety is not a dependancy.

chris