Re: [jokosher-devel] Building a community docs site

Stuart Langridge wrote:
Agreed on no custom web app. However, I think that wordpress will do
everything we need it to except be a wiki, and installing a wiki is
easy. (I've recently fallen in love with Dokuwiki rather than
Mediawiki, since I used it for the Jackfield site, but each to their
own.)
I was going to say, MediaWiki isn't really built for individual websites. It says on the site, "The program is primarily developed to run on a large server farm for Wikipedia and its sister projects. Features, performance, configurability, ease-of-use, etc are designed in this light; if your needs are radically different the software might not be appropriate for you."

Ask yourselves, do you need all the functionality that Mediawiki offers?

Tom Moitie