Re: [jokosher-devel] Jokosher BOF report, and 0.2 direction

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 13:32:32 +0100, Stuart Langridge <sil kryogenix org> wrote:
distributions which this wont work for. For this I'm considering Autopackage
although even after yesterday's talk I have some concerns over its maturity.

I'd like to see an autopackage. Jokosher itself shouldn't be difficult
to package, because it's pure Python, but its dependencies might be a
bit of a problem; the autopackage people have documented some serious
problems with packaging Python C extensions
(http://plan99.net/autopackage/Linux_Problems#python) which might
affect python-gst and so on.

The information on the plan99.net page regarding python is a non-issue, provided the dependancies can be provided by the operating system's package manager.

Stephen.