Re: [jokosher-devel] Jokosher 0.1 Ubuntu package

Hello John,

On Do, 2006-07-20 at 09:25 +0100, John Green wrote:
> I notice that you are deploying to /usr/share/jokosher. Are there any deep
> philosophical reasons why you are going there as opposed to
> say, /usr/share/python/site-packages or even /usr/lib/jokosher. I've seen
> both the latter used and I wondered if any way was regarded as more correct

there are pragmatic reasons. The problem I faced in packaging Jokosher
is that it doesn't have a build or install system and it relies heavily
on hardcoded paths. There was no time to remedy this in the 0.1 release.
I wanted to package jokosher 0.1 with least hassle and interfering, so I
packaged it in a - yes you could name it 'dirty' - way. For the 0.2
package this will be different and we'll use distutils, hopefully.

Have a nice day and thanks for your interest,
 Daniel