Re: [jokosher-devel] Fedora RPMs

On 14/07/06, Jeff Ratliff <jefrat gmail com> wrote:
On 12/07/06, Jeff Ratliff <jefrat gmail com> wrote:
> Folks,
>  I've built Fedora Core 5 RPMs of py-alsaaudio, gstreamer-0.10.8
> (from Fedora development SRPM) and gnonlin-0.10.4 (from Gstreamer
> SRPM). They install and solve a few problems for me over using
> Gstreamer CVS.

I just noticed that Gstreamer 0.10.9 stable has been released. I also
noticed that Fedora RPMs are available on the download page:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/download/. :)  I've added this
information to JokosherOnFedora on the Wiki.

Nice. I've got an (early) rpm available for testing at:

http://www.iammetal.co.uk/jokosher-0.1-1.noarch.rpm

Feedback appreciated.

I see no Gstreamer 0.10.9 RPMs are available yet, but maybe they'll
appear in the next few days. If this doesn't happen, I'll try to build
new RPMs after the 19th. At least Fedora users will be able to run
Jokosher 0.1 without building anything from source.

I've just tried building myself and am getting sgml/xml parsing errors during make which I'm sure is simple to resolve - anyone? I'm probably just being impatient.

Not holding out much hope for 'yum install Jokosher', though.

I take it you mean in time for 0.1 release. My plan is to submit jokosher to fedora-extras after 0.1. There is some concern on the lists regarding "fire-and-forget" packagers who send in one release which then grows stale in the repository. I plan to be around for a while however some additional help on this (I suppose we will want py-alsaaudio to be submitted as well) would be good.

Cheers
Chris