Re: [jokosher-devel] J Manual license question - GPL or GFDL?

On 22/12/06, Michael Sheldon <webmaster mikeasoft com> wrote:
On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 03:50:05PM +0000, Stuart Langridge wrote:
> > I believe I specifically need permission from you, Jono, as you are
> > the original author of the manual.
>
> Is there any reason to actually move? Other than general Gnome compliance?

 I believe the GFDL makes provision for more documentation related issues
 (like physical publication, aggregation with other documentation, etc.)

Right, the GFDL is more appropriate to docs just as the LGPL is more
appropriate to libraries. I'm not fluent in the specifics, but more
info is here:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/licenses.html#FDL

I can research the differences if we need to.

--
Jeff Ratliff (Gomer_X)