Re: Opening up Discourse for language bindings

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 2:43 AM David Pirotte <david altosw be> wrote:
Hello,

> now that we've started migrating[0] GTK discussions from mailing lists over
> to Discourse[1], we'd like to do the same for discussions on GTK language
> bindings.
>
> For this reason we opened a new category:
>
>   https://discourse.gnome.org/c/platform/language-bindings
>
> There are a few language-specific tags already, but we're definitely open
> to adding more.
>
> There's currently no deadline to phase the language-specific mailing lists,
> but it would be great to get feedback from the current subscribers and
> decide for one. Feel free to reach out to me at:
>
>   ebassi gnome org

I hope it will never ever be phased out: please keep it alive and make sure that
all posted msg on discourse c/platform/language-bindings are automatically sent to
this ML and vis-e-versa ... (I don't even want to create an account on discourse)

Can you explain why you don't want to create an account? If there is some concern preventing you, then we should try to solve that concern.

But you may not be aware of the irony that your cross-post to _javascript_-list saying how you don't want to create an account, forced me, as the list moderator, to spend my time logging in to the moderator interface to approve your non-member post.

I would much rather move that burden to the poster, and that's what requiring an account does. Approving posts is one thing I'm looking forward to doing much more rarely in Discourse.

Philip C