Re: GJS WebKit2 Extension

On 1 November 2017 at 15:23, Andrea Giammarchi <andrea giammarchi gmail com> wrote:
so ... it looks really like the exposed API is completely useless as it is

```js
webkit.messageHandlers.gjs.postMessage('hello');
```

Returns a

[boxed instance proxy GIName:WebKit2._javascript_Result jsobj@0x7fa08c2e4160 native@0x7fa052081d80]

and if you try to get its value it goes bananas with a message like:

Gjs-WARNING **: JS ERROR: Error: Unable to find module implementing foreign type _javascript_Core.Value

What's the purpose of register_script_message_handler at all? What am I missing?

Andrea, this is the problem Philip raised earlier and I replied to. I use this library to solve the problem: https://github.com/saifulbkhan/wkjscore-result

  7 import * as WkJsCore from '../../gjs/WkJsCore'
 85         let contentManager = this.webkit.get_user_content_manager();
 86         if (!contentManager.register_script_message_handler('slinternal')) {
 87             throw "register_script_message_handler() failed";
 88         }
 89         contentManager.connect("script-message-received::foobar", (obj, jsResult) => {
 90             let wkResult = WkJsCore.Result.new(jsResult);
 91             let str = wkResult.process_result_as_string();

Unfortunately _javascript_Core doesn't provide it's own GIR API to access the JS data :(