Re: GJS maintainership / November Bug Squash Month

I am not sure ... even Mozilla got it:
https://github.com/mozilla/positron#positron-electron-compatible-runtime-on-top-of-gecko

Here the `require('os')` module example:
https://github.com/mozilla/positron/blob/master/addon-sdk/source/lib/node/os.js

Best Regards

On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 6:30 AM, <philip chimento gmail com> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 1:37 AM Andrea Giammarchi <andrea giammarchi gmail com> wrote:
Hi Philip

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 6:33 AM, <philip chimento gmail com> wrote:
I'm planning to continue porting forward to subsequent versions of SpiderMonkey until we have ES6 modules. (They seem to be nearly finished.) I wouldn't spend time rewriting the module system only to have it replaced by ES6 modules later on...

this basically means for the next 5 years GJS won't be able to interact with modules published to npm

I wouldn't conclude that, I think there are ways to make things a bit more interoperable until then.

Philip