Re: How to obtain OS and HW info?

Hi Andrea,

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 4:41 PM Andrea Giammarchi <andrea giammarchi gmail com> wrote:
Small C library means compiling/building and tons of extra problems I'm actually trying to avoid with this `jsgtk` project so that's not an option.

You could check how Node's os module is implemented internally. In fact I think it is probably done in C as Giovanni suggested :-)

[...]

About `jsgtk`, it sadden me so much GJS had no traction at all,

I wouldn't agree with that. There is plenty of software written in GJS: several major Gnome desktop applications, as well as the desktop itself.

being JS24 based

mozjs24 is not an architectural decision. I, for one, would love some help porting GJS to mozjs31 and then mozjs38.

and with a `python_case` syntax nobody in JS world feels OK about,

I am "in the JS world" and I feel OK about it. Really, I don't care about casing, and wish that both variations were supported as they already are with GObject properties, but I wasn't around when that code got written :-)

I think jsgtk is a good idea and I'm excited to see what comes out of it but I hope you'll consider helping out to make GJS better as well.

Regards,
Philip