Re: gjs / seed status

Hi;

On 7 March 2015 at 10:16, Dimitri Giardina <dimitri giardina gmail com> wrote:

the rough consensus is that Seed is dead - or at least moribund - and
that GJS "won" by default. GJS is also maintained enough, and tested
enough, that is considered to be the de facto engine for JS in GNOME.

it would be nice that developer documentation of gjs would be extended,
also with examples of how to write a module in a *modern* and *easy*
way...

What do you mean "write a module in a modern and easy way"? What kind of module?

Not saying that the documentation is good — because it isn't — but it
would help to specify what you want to achieve, and what were the
obstacles you met. I'm sure we can make the documentation at least
passable, if not good.

There has been some movement in writing a V8/node.js port of the
introspection API, but it's pretty much a toy,
do you speak about node-gir ? (https://github.com/creationix/node-gir )

No, I'm talking about GNode: https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnode/

It's an experiment from Jasper, but I guess somebody could take it,
and run with it.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--