Re: gjs / seed status

Hi;

the rough consensus is that Seed is dead - or at least moribund - and that GJS "won" by default. GJS is also maintained enough, and tested enough, that is considered to be the de facto engine for JS in GNOME.

There are few modules still using Seed, but I think they should either be declared dead as well, or ported to GJS. There is no effort to make GJS work on _javascript_Core, nor there's any interest in such an effort, to the best of my knowledge.

There has been some movement in writing a V8/node.js port of the introspection API, but it's pretty much a toy, and given the fact that nose.js is tied to an unsupported, unmaintained, and fairly old version of V8, there are several hurdles to pass before a node.js introspection implementation is actually able to run in production.

tl;dr use GJS, ignore seed, and don't spend time thinking about porting GJS to JSC.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.