Re: hildon-desktop statubar.conf file

Hi,

Em Ter, 2007-10-16 às 14:14 +0300, ext Lucas Rocha escreveu:
> Hi Bob,
>
> Em Seg, 2007-10-15 às 16:27 -0700, ext Spencer, Bob escreveu:
> >
> > When we add new statusbar plugins we're required to append an entry
> > to /etc/hildon-desktop/statusbar.conf .  We don’t want the plugin pkg
> > to edit these files owned by hildon-desktop but it is inconvenient to
> > made.  We're looking for a good way to allow new plugin packages to be
> > installed and visible in the statusbar without having to modify
> > hildon-desktop.  One suggestion was to use some folder like
> > statusbar.d (similar to /etc/apt/sources.list.d) for additional
> > configuration additions.  Another was to just have some entry
> > in /etc/hildon-desktop/statusbar.conf like [*] which would put all
> > the /usr/share/hildon-status-bar/* plugins not already listed.
> >
> > This scenario may also be desireable for any container where plugin
> > order and size are not required.
> > Bob
>
> Do you mean that you want new statusbar plugins to be automatically
> loaded? If so, you can just add "X-Load-New-Plugins=1" to your Statubar
> container section in desktop.conf.

I forgot to mention two things that might be useful for you:

1) If you want to keep the order of what's defined in statusbar.conf
when syncing, just add "X-Is-Ordered=1" as well in your Statusbar
section in desktop.conf.

2) If you want to enforce a certain set of plugins in any of your
desktop containers, you can write a UI policy for them. You reference a
UI policy for a desktop container with the "X-UI-Policy" key. Have a
look at the "policies" directory in hildon-desktop source tree for some
examples.

I hope it helps.

--lucasr