Re: [HIG] Parity between Gtk+ and the GNOME HIG

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 04:03:42PM -0500, Dave Bordoley wrote:

> Forgive my total lack of gtk knowledge here, but would it be possible to
> implement preference windows as gtkwindows and not as gtkdialogs and
> just not allow them to be maximized via a wm hint?

It depends on whether you want other GtkDialog behaviors (stay on top
of parent window, has buttons on the bottom, skip tasklist, etc.)

Hardcoding this stuff in apps is just too broken; I don't think apps
should try to conform to window types in the HIG until there's a sane
API that automatically does the right thing. Until then I'd just pick
whichever of GtkDialog/GtkWindow is closest.

Havoc