Re: [HIG] Parity between Gtk+ and the GNOME HIG
- From: Dave Bordoley <bordoley msu edu>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: merchan baton phys lsu edu, gtk-devel-list gnome org, hig gnome org
- Subject: Re: [HIG] Parity between Gtk+ and the GNOME HIG
- Date: 19 Nov 2002 16:03:42 -0500
On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 15:39, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 09:28:24PM -0500, Dave Bordoley wrote:
> > Yeah i do too and just recently noticed that pretty much all gnome apps
> > are not setting correct window hints for preference dialogs. (ie you
> > can't minimize them like you are supposed to be able to do).
> There isn't a hint that would get that right, because the HIG is on
> its own planet with respect to window types. It doesn't match the
> Qt/GTK/Java APIs or the WM spec.
Forgive my total lack of gtk knowledge here, but would it be possible to
implement preference windows as gtkwindows and not as gtkdialogs and
just not allow them to be maximized via a wm hint?
] [Thread Prev