[HIG] Toggable menu options

lör 2002-02-16 klockan 02.25 skrev John Sullivan:
> "Show Hidden Files", by itself,  with no checkbox next to it, is
> ambiguous.

I agree, but IMHO a gtk+ theme that doesn't display a toggable menu
option easily identifiable as a toggable menu option, whatever the
state, is broken.

I know Galeon makes heavy use of the toggable menu options ("Show foo")
in the View menu, instead of the "Show foo"/"Hide foo" label switch that
Nautilus uses. It might be useful if GNOME applications could agree on
one way of doing this.

The HIG mentions this
(http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/hig-0.1/menus.html):

  "Toggled Menu Items

  Menu items may be toggled between two states. This may be done either
  independently in the same way as check boxes or as part of a group as
  with radio buttons.

  Any group of items operating in the same manner as a group of radio
  buttons should appear on their own in a menu or submenu or be separated
  from other items in the menu by using separators."

I can't determine what the HIG favors from this, though.

Christian