Re: [HIG] Mini-Guidelines style

On 15 Aug 2001 15:09:09 -0700, Adam Elman wrote:
<snip>

> It's nice and all to just assume that other people can transform your
> SGML, but it's way, way too easy to write bad SGML if you don't have
> a way to transform it.  (I have much experience with this in a
> previous life.)  I don't think that's an acceptable solution.  I, for
> one, also find it difficult to proofread non-WYSIWYG content,
> especially with external figures.
>
> We need to set up a build system which will generate HTML versions so
> we can see the output, or something, otherwise we're going to run
> into problems.  Maciej, did you say you thought that would be
> feasible?
>
> Thanks,
> Adam
> --

I've been thinking for a while now that this project really needs to
focus more on developing user-friendly tools to get the internal work
done. These should be marketable in themselves, but can nonetheless be
designed as expert interfaces in the short run.

Meanwhile, I'm using emacs for the glossary and it picked up the DTD
quite nicely. I understand LyX has some form of support for Docbook, and
maybe Abiword does too?

Cheers,
Greg Merchan
(auspex)