Re: How do you use categories and tags?

Thomas Geier a écrit le 2010-05-21 03:03 :
> Currently I'm using names for describing the type of work I'm doing,
> like reading, maintenance, programming, and so on. I'm using categories
> for assigning this work to something you could name "employers", that's
> "Unproductive" (for pauses, eating), "ProjectX" (my main task for wihch
> I'm getting paid), "Teaching" and "Work" (for collecting everything else
> that has to do with my employment).
> I don't use tags at all.
>
> How are you using tags, categories and names?

I had the same questions when I started to use Hamster. I read
documentation and blog to see if some use cases were described to help me.

I made some tests, and finally I do grosso modo as you described. For
example, categories are for clients, then activities are for the type of
work (webmastering, seo...), descriptions are used to put more details
about what I done specifically, and I don't use tags.

Regards,

Jean-Philippe