Re: Daily overview

On 10-06-30 10:28 AM, Toms wrote:
> i wouldn't call something buggy that spawns no errors.

Hmm ok, agreed. There was no error implied in this declaration.. I'm
sorry, it was a bit too bold.
But I encountered some quirks in the interface. I don't know if it's
only related to the version in ubuntu lucid and whether they're present
in the latest version, though.

But this is another discussion.. I'll spin this off as a new thread
soon, after making some more verifications.

> in 2.30 i indeed attempt to remove the day view once again as it does
> not make any sense as you can do all of the same in week view. what is
> it you are looking explicitly in the day view by the way?

Maybe giving some detail about how I use the applet would help explain
what I'm expecting of the day view:

Every day, I use Hamster-applet to track my time. It's so easy to use
that it litterally saves me around 30 to 45 mins every week in time
collection and removes all delays in my work related to noting time
spent on each task.

This is great, but unfortunately the tool that I need to use for the
official timekeeping in the company I work for is a web application
(slow, propietary w/o any API to work with externally). So I need to
enter times manually. For this, I need totals for each task by day. The
totals in the week view are not detailed enough and the time interval
view lacks the "next/previous" buttons to change days. I can do what I
need with the time interval view but having to select the same date
twice every time I need to change the day (combined with the quirks
mentioned above) slows me down.

> anyhoo, to my dismay, day view is back in 2.31 which is stable enough to use.

great, I'll give it a try.

Thanks for your reply.

--
Gabriel Filion