Fwd: Hamster hogs CPU for 2-3 seconds on modifications

gah, forgot to cc

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Toms <toms baugis gmail com>
Date: 2010/12/22
Subject: Re: Hamster hogs CPU for 2-3 seconds on modifications
To: Bjørn Forsman <bjorn forsman gmail com>

2010/12/22 Bjørn Forsman <bjorn forsman gmail com>:
> Hi,
>
> 2010/12/22 Toms <toms baugis gmail com>:
>> since whatever 10.4 was carrying i think the biggest change was
>> splitting the client and storage backend. i wonder if that has changed
>> anything. i've noticed the hiccup as well but will address it at some
>> later point.
>
> What sort of hiccup? The same CPU hogging?

occasionally i've observed a hiccup when adding an activity. does not
happen all the time though.

ah and now totally unrelated i remembered that i forgot to roll one of
those we were supposed to roll on monday.

>> could you please file a bug on this?
>
> Maybe later. I think I should run some tests first. And maybe run 'git bisect'.

nyah, meld might come handy if you are looking for differences. stuff
has moved quite a bit.

i'm still bit swamped at the moment, but i hope to get some of the
utterly needed hamster time some time after xmas!

Toms