Re: Oops, where did GetCurrentFact go?

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 5:19 PM, Ryan Kelln <ryankelln gmail com> wrote:

..
> I was confused by the syntax of the method calls,...
> looking through hamster/storage.py shows capitalized methods like
> GetTodaysFacts() but instead I use get_todays_facts(). Can you
> de-noobify me?

Hamster is now split into backend that serves data over d-bus, and
frontend that displays the data.
The functions that you are using are in the hamster.client module, and
the standard notion for functions is to use underscores to delimit
words, instead of using camel case. For details see python style
guides.
Also note that all the documentation is in the client module.

> Once my website is overhauled I'll be putting the software up there,
> I'll let you know when it's ready. Hamster has really made the project
> shine.
cool, looking forward to that!

> I dunno what is up with the idle tracking, I suspect it has nothing to
> do with Hamster, but I need to investigate more before I have a handle
> on it. I also use Workrave and it's idle tracking works fine. Hamster
> uses dbus and the screensaver idle detection right? I'm on a desktop and
> have screensaver disabled, but the monitor powers down correctly which I
> assume is also through the same idle detection.

power management and screensaver timeouts are two separate
configuration settings.
i believe we are tracking screensaver's signal.