Fwd: Problem with the idle detection

scuzi, forgot the list

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Toms <toms baugis gmail com>
Date: Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 3:58 PM
Subject: Re: Problem with the idle detection
To: Svenn Are Bjerkem <svenn bjerkem googlemail com>

Your script runs fine here on ubuntu 9.4 (gnome 2.26)
You could look into screensaver code to see when the
getsessionidletime has been added.

Popups are quite bad for UI as they steal users focus.
You might want to try to play with slide out notifications in the
hamster applet dropdown. Something like what happens when a file open
in gedit has been edited - you get that yellow thing offering you
refresh, and other stuff.

Something like "You were idle for x minutes <Keep tracking> <Stop before idle>"

The wording could use some brains though, ehehe.
Also what happens, when i was idle, then resumed and only a while
noticed that hamster has stopped tracking (as i told it to)?
And what would be the expected switch behavior in this case?

Uh, good luck Svenn, i hope you will come up with something that
blends in just perfectly :)
Also, don't be afraid to rip out stuff I you feel that your solution is better.

Toms