Problem with the idle detection

Hi,

I am playing with the idle detection in idle.py

In ipython I type:

import dbus
from dbus.lowlevel import Message
import gconf

bus = dbus.SessionBus()
gs = bus.get_object('org.gnome.ScreenSaver', '/org/gnome/ScreenSaver')
idle_time = gs.GetSessionIdleTime()

and get

DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method
"GetSessionIdleTime" with signature "" on interface "(null)" doesn't
exist

I wonder if anybody else could test this and see what result they get.
I am running gnome 2.26 on Debian unstable. I checked out the code
from hamster git repository to see if current code is different from
the code which the hamster-applet in sid is based on. (2.26.2)

I want to experiment with idle detect to make hamster post a dialog
when I have been idle for more than 5 minutes. In this dialog I want
to be able to move the time passed since the idle to another project,
or to continue timing as if nothing happened, or discard the idle time
as a break, not booking time.

Kind regards,
--
Svenn