Re: Gnome 2.24 is out, they say, hooray!

Hi Toms!

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 9:36 AM, Toms <toms baugis gmail com> wrote:
> Hello around!
>
> Some of you might have heard that the new release of GNOME is out,
> together with hamster - congratulatulatulatulations, i say!

Congratulations!
Hamster was one of the new Gnome stars :-)
You'd feel as proud daddy, don't you? ;-)

> That means that in a month or two, when all the distros have picked it
> up, we should expect seas of people swamping our bugzilla with ideas.
> Or not.

Sure. And we should be prepared for that.

> It also means, that we can move on now!
> Like, getting in the D-BUS thing, enhancing exporting capabilities, do
> something good to overview window (i'm dreaming about something more
> graphical than bars)

I've already working in a merge with the D-BUS branch so we can import
the feature into the trunk.
This feature works fine with the current code so I guess that to
integrate it won't hurt so much or break the trunk.

I'll test it well before the merge, anyway.

Can I go ahead?

BTW, now that Gnome was released I guess we can start again to commit
features and so on to the SVN, can't we?

> On parallel note, i was wondering, how about we resume our
> micro-releases via launchpad and pushing them to gnome files, and if
> that is necessary at all. Gnomefiles has brought us plenty of users,
> and the web page gets some good 500 hits after each push to that site.

I don't know much about how Gnomefiles works but anything shows
Hamster to the world is great.
Launchpad is importing all the time our code from the SVN and we can
now link the releases tarballs to the product there and or publish
more things, so we could use also that plataform to spread the
releases and news.

> So, arm your code editors and let's get moving!

Let's code! :-)

--
Juan Jesús Ojeda Croissier

Emergya Consultoría / http://www.emergya.es
Avda. de la Innovación, 3 (Edif. Hércules), Mód 12-13
E41020 Sevilla
Tfno: +34 954 51 75 77 Fax: +34 954 51 64 73