Re: Dbus support

On Τετ, 2008-11-26 at 09:37 +0100, J. Félix Ontañón wrote:
> El Tue, 25 Nov 2008 23:08:24 +0100
> Giorgos Logiotatidis <seadog sealabs net> escribió:
> > Hello everyone,
> > 	I was wondering if anybody is working on D-Bus support
> > because I'm thinking to start hacking it. Please post any
> > implementation ideas or tips you have about Dbus.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Giorgos
> Hi Giorgos,
> By now, trunk version of Hamster d-bus features two method and signals
> for tracking changes on activity and fact.
> You can download the source from, i.e.:
> Check at hamster/ and hasmter/ for
> implementation details.

Oops, sorry I should have looked better! Great now dbus support it's
there, I was thinking implementing some sort of window manager
extension / plugin to change the hamster activity based on focused
window. The user could create patterns (maybe regex?) to match different
windows with the same activity (e.g. when I have a ooimpress with title
"NoC - Impress" and a gedit with title "noc.c - gedit"
hamster should understand that I am working on NoC project).

I haven't deeply though the features or the implementation of this, but
if it get implemented in a smart way I think it can be a great feature
of hamster.

I would to hear your opinions and ideas about this proposal.