Re: A distribution packager's wishlist

Hi Tim

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 5:27 PM, Tim Retout <tim retout co uk> wrote:
[...]
> [0] You can keep the debian directory in SVN if you really want (for
> users who build snapshot packages), but debian packagers will probably
> have to repack any release tarballs if you ship it.  Plus, other
> distributions probably don't want to waste their bandwidth on keeping
> files around for Debian. :)

I was talking with Tom about how to ship the debian directory
(actually I was helping him with Ubuntu version) and we were agree to
separate the debian directory and maintain it with bzr-builddeb (or
svn-buildpackage, or similar one).
I've already starting a branch for that on Launchpad, but I was
waiting to have the tarball on a stable ftp to release the branch. You
can find it here (it is a few weeks outdated but probably tomorrow I
will update it):
https://code.launchpad.net/~hamster.support/hamster-applet/ubuntu

My idea was to create a new one for each distribution files  we
maintain. Obviously, if a distribution has a own maintainer he'll
decide.

Any recommendation will be very welcomed :-)

Cheers

--
Juan Jesús Ojeda Croissier

Emergya Consultoría / http://www.emergya.es
Avda. de la Innovación, 3 (Edif. Hércules), Mód 12-13
E41020 Sevilla
Tfno: +34 954 51 75 77 Fax: +34 954 51 64 73