Short note on AM_V_GEN

Found this in docs/Makefile.am:

# AM_V_GEN: what does it do?  It appears to prettify output but also
obscure errors :D

Indeed, this makes the build output prettier and more concise. It's
the same system in place when building the C files, it just says "CC
somefile.c" instead of the whole gcc command line as used to be the
case with Automake projects. I find this makes it easier to not miss
important info since it doesn't drown in the flood.

It shouldn't obscure errors but of course sometimes for debugging you
want to show the full output. Thankfully, this is simple - just type
"make V=1" instead of just "make"!

So I'd recommend turning it on again :-)

/simon