Re: How to bring newsest version to xubuntu 18

Hi Ueli,

the best is to convince the Ubuntu packagers to backport the patches in case of bugs, which are already fixed upstream. I can cherry-pick that patch at least in gnome-3-28 branch and make 1.36.3 release to make it easier. However, it seems that Ubuntu still uses 1.36.1 regardless of the fact that there is already 1.36.2 for several months. Or you can use packaging infrastructure to just update the package locally and use PPA to distribute that fix on more devices. Probably the articles on http://packaging.ubuntu.com/html/ may help. I don't recommend building from sources, because Ubuntu may use some specific patches or build options and it is hard to install gvfs side-by-side to system packages anyway...

Regards

Ondrej