How to bring newsest version to xubuntu 18

Hello gvfs-devs
I'm working on a linux installation vor our school where web dav shares (alfresco) play a key role. I'm using gio mount in bash scripts to mount the davs share. Unfortunately we suffer under the lock-outs described here https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gvfs/commit/7b991137b8a820f018ddaa970d54f91d1f411a0f I therefore want to udate gvfs to the newest version (or at least 1.37) on my xubuntu 18 installation.

I've tried by compiling the source but failed with the integration into ubuntu :-(

Has anybody allready done that or is there even a ppa to update to the latest version?
Help would be appreciated very much.

Thanks in advance Ueli