Re: Gvfs and Server-side SMB copy

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 01:40:27AM +0200, Saint Germain wrote:
I haven't been able to locate Ross gvfs dev branch that he mentionned
on his blog.

As far as I understand, samba server-side copy is only available with
the SMB2 protocol, and gvfs can only connect through SMB1 (NT1) ?

Or did I understand something wrong ?

GVFS can do whatever libsmbclient can do. libsmbclient defaults to
SMB1/NT1 at the moment, but you can change that by setting "max client
protocol = SMB3" in /etc/smbclient.conf (or the user one in your home
dir).

--
Ross Lagerwall