Re: System not responsive any more when mouting smb shares with a huge amount of files

On 10/01/2012 06:08 PM, Bastien Nocera wrote:
On Mon, 2012-10-01 at 17:12 +0200, Paul Wellner Bou wrote:
On 10/01/2012 03:34 PM, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
By the way, the > 1000 files are .epub files... not sure if the type of
the files my be a reason, because I don't know which application is
requesting the information.

Are you sure it's not something thumbnailing the covers of each epub
file? Look for any installed epub thumbnailers
in /usr/share/thumbnailers/

Yes, I am sure. I did not install any thumbnails (it's a fresh clean Ubuntu installation), no thumbs of the epub files are displayed. And it happens without a nautilus/file manager window opened, mounting the share with gvfs-mount is enough.

Regards
Paul.