Re: System not responsive any more when mouting smb shares with a huge amount of files

On 10/01/2012 03:34 PM, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
So there is constant network traffic during the entire 'pause'?  Can you
run wireshark and look at the traffic?  I'd wager it is gathering
information about each-and-every file one-file-at-a-time.

May be. I have to set up a test environment as for now I splitted up the directory in several sub directories to be able to work with this share. An interesting detail may be that the traffic is constantly about 200 KiB/s, but on each screen refresh, the traffic is lower (about 100 KiB/s -- this is what is visible in the tooltip information every time it refreshes).

This problem should be reproducable with a simple test scenario, so I will try when I find the time for it.

By the way, the > 1000 files are .epub files... not sure if the type of the files my be a reason, because I don't know which application is requesting the information.

Regards
Paul.