Re: GVFS SFTP backend question

On Tue, 2010-01-12 at 14:00 +1300, Srdan Dukic wrote:

> Thank you for your reply. The timeout to ssh into the machine is just
> over 20 seconds :(. Which version of gvfs did this patch make it
> into?

I believe its in 1.3.5 and later.

> Also, what are the problems with adding support for per-mountpoint
> config support? i.e. would it require a major re-write or would it be
> relatively simple? From my understanding it would simply require
> adding support for a 'TimeOut' variable under
> '/usr/share/gvfs/mounts/sftp.mount' and then using this variable in
> the appropriate places in the code i.e. the two places in
> 'gvfsbackendsftp.c' in the link which you sent.

Thats not per mountpoint, that is per mount type. We want to e.g. be
able to set the pathname character encoding to different things on
different servers, not just per backend.

Its not rocket science. We would need storage for each mountspec and an
api to access it. However, Ideally I'd like to wait for dconf to land in
glib so we have a sane API for this kinds of stuff rather than having to
load files with out own format.

       alexl redhat com            alexander larsson gmail com
He's a benighted small-town master criminal with nothing left to lose. She's a
scantily clad hip-hop mechanic who don't take no shit from nobody. They fight
crime!