Re: how to specify a required backend

Alexander Larsson wrote:
What is the best way to require a particular backend in build files? For example, can I make the gphoto backend mandatory at compile time?

There is no way to do that, nor do i see a reason to. Build-wise it
should not be necessary as the backends provide no API, so anything you
need can be installed later or not installed as the user wishes.

Can you describe the circumstances where you want to do this?

Nothing critical - I just wanted to add a check to the build process to warn distros that it would be silly to build gThumb without the gphoto backend. That point can be made in the README file of course, if packagers read it.

- Mike