[guppi-list] guppi run error after successful compilation

After successful compilation of guppi 0.35.5-7 on Red Hat 7x Linux, when I
try to run guppi, I receive the following error message:

Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform independent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
'import exceptions' failed; use -v for traceback
Warning! Falling back to string-based exceptions
Fatal Python error: couldn't import os
Aborted (core dumped)

I do have python installed on my computer.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

regards,
stw