Re: [guppi-list] guppi compilation problem

Hi,

> > reference to `glade_xml_new'
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > make[3]: *** [demo] Error 1
> >
> > What should I do?
>
> You probably need to install either libglade and/or
> the libglade
> development package (which is probably called
> libglade-dev or
> libglade-devel).

I got both packages installed.

[sk steve sk]$ rpm -q -a | grep glade
libglade0-0.16-3mdk
libglade-gnome0-0.16-3mdk
libglade-bonobo0-0.16-3mdk
libglade0-devel-0.16-3mdk
libglade-gnome-db0-0.16-3mdk
[sk steve sk]$

I think the `Undefine reference` usually means the
incompatibilities with the library it linked (may be
the version etc.. ) but not the lack of the library
package, but not sure which library should be updated
or downgraded.

> I don't know details about Mandrake's Guppi RPMs.
> However, it might be
> easier for you to just install python on your
> system.  Guppi can be a

Ironically I got python2.0 installed. One guy said I
would suggest to upgrade to python 2.1, so I am going
to try now

Thanks for your help

Steve