Re: New Guppi CVS Snapshot 06/29/2000

On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 10:27:48AM -0700, Conrad Steenberg wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Jon Trowbridge wrote:
>
> > I've made a new snapshot of Guppi from CVS:
> >
> > ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/guppi/Guppi-2000-06-29.tar.gz
> >
> > It offers:
> >
> > * Fixes a nasty memory corruption bug that caused scatter plots to
> >   segfault.
>
> Hmm, this doesn't fix the problem for me. This possibly doesn't occur on
> other architechtures, but the Alpha is notoriously anal about division by
> zero errors.

I've replaced the snapshot I posted earlier with a new one (with the
same filename) which has more aggressive division-by-zero checks.
Give it a try and let me know how it works out.

(I think that some functions are being called before a data structure
is fully initialized, so a certain bounding box is set to zero.  On
x86 you just generate some NaNs and merrily go on your way,
executing that code again later when everything is properly
initialized...)

-JT

--
GNU/Linux: Free your mind and your OS will follow.