Re: New Guppi CVS Snapshot 06/29/2000

On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Jon Trowbridge wrote:

> I've replaced the snapshot I posted earlier with a new one (with the
> same filename) which has more aggressive division-by-zero checks.
> Give it a try and let me know how it works out.
>
> (I think that some functions are being called before a data structure
> is fully initialized, so a certain bounding box is set to zero.  On
> x86 you just generate some NaNs and merrily go on your way,
> executing that code again later when everything is properly
> initialized...)

Yeah, Alpha is Anal ;-)

It works much better now, the pie chart demo looks great!

The bad news is that it still gets a SIGFPE, but in libart:

GnomeUI-WARNING **: Could not open help topics file NULL

Program received signal SIGFPE, Arithmetic exception.
render_seg (p_forw=0x11fffec98, pn_forw=0x11fffec80,
pn_forw_max=0x11fffec84,
    p_rev=0x11fffeca0, pn_rev=0x11fffec88, pn_rev_max=0x11fffec8c,
    vpath=0x11fffed70, i0=3, i1=4, i2=5, join=ART_PATH_STROKE_JOIN_ROUND,
    line_width=0.43371246780387479, miter_limit=4, flatness=0.25)
    at art_svp_vpath_stroke.c:179

This happens when I create a new scatter plot, and try to configure the
X-data column. That is, Y-data is still set to None, but X-data just had
its value changed from None to eg. Column 1.

Seems like something is being plotted while the Y-data is stil
uninitilized. Maybe an apply button approach would be more suitable.

Cheers!

Conrad