Re: [guppi-list] Re: 3D plotting library

Hi,

Thank you!

I already have it operating in a canvas. I am using GnomeCanvasWidget
rather than making my own item, and I don't know if this would be
sufficient.

OpenGL sounds really hard, and I'm not sure how usable it would be to
people without 3d accelerator cards... would the performance from software
rendering be acceptable? I really don't know how the performance of
going through Mesa would compare with rendering directly to a drawable
as my demo does. Unless the performance of software Mesa is even
better, maybe it should offer this as an alternative, for people that do
not have OpenGL accelerators.

I have to run, but I thank you for your comments!
Aaron Lehmann