Re: [guppi-list] Guppi compiled in Debian 2.2

On Mon, Jan 24, 2000 at 01:49:38PM +0000, César Talón wrote:
> On the other hand, this is the best data importer that I have seen in
> any program.

Thanks.  I've lost count of the number of times over the years I've
had to write little awk/perl/sed scripts to massage data into
just the right format for some anal-retentive piece of software, and I
was determined to make sure that Guppi didn't inflict that horror on

One of my targets for 0.33.2 is to break out data import and export
into loadable modules.  Hopefully this will result in:
  * Importing getting even smarter and better.
  * The code being more cleanly delineated, and thus being easier for
    other projects to steal.  I'd like to see similar ideas make it
    into other useful free software --- particularly Gnumeric.

> I could try to make a debian package if needed. However I only have made
> single packages debian and maybe this is too big for me. But if there's
> nobody working on it, I would like to help with this contribution.

At this point, I don't know of anyone working on either a gnome
package or an RPM.  I'd welcome anyone and everyone to help out on
this front.  From the point of view of dependencies, making the .deb
should be easier: potato packages the right version of guile.

COMINT secret | Jam Echelon! | NSA explosives
assassin terrorist car bomb tactical bin laden waco white house nuclear clinton