Re: [guppi-list] Guppi compiled in Debian 2.2

On Mon, Jan 24, 2000 at 01:49:38PM +0000, César Talón wrote:
> On the other hand, this is the best data importer that I have seen in
> any program.

Thanks.  I've lost count of the number of times over the years I've
had to write little awk/perl/sed scripts to massage data into
just the right format for some anal-retentive piece of software, and I
was determined to make sure that Guppi didn't inflict that horror on
others.:-)

One of my targets for 0.33.2 is to break out data import and export
into loadable modules.  Hopefully this will result in:
  * Importing getting even smarter and better.
  * The code being more cleanly delineated, and thus being easier for
    other projects to steal.  I'd like to see similar ideas make it
    into other useful free software --- particularly Gnumeric.

> I could try to make a debian package if needed. However I only have made
> single packages debian and maybe this is too big for me. But if there's
> nobody working on it, I would like to help with this contribution.

At this point, I don't know of anyone working on either a gnome
package or an RPM.  I'd welcome anyone and everyone to help out on
this front.  From the point of view of dependencies, making the .deb
should be easier: potato packages the right version of guile.

-JT

--
COMINT secret | Jam Echelon! http://www.echelon.wiretapped.net | NSA explosives
assassin terrorist car bomb tactical bin laden waco white house nuclear clinton