Guppi 0.34.2 released

I've released version 0.34.2 of Guppi.  The tarball is in the
usual place, ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/guppi.

This version tries to address the continued problems people have had
with guile and readline.  Readline is now turned *off* by default,
unless the --enable-guile-readline flag is given to configure.

The scatter plot control widget has been fixed to allow you to edit
styles other than the main one.  The practical upshot of this right
now is that you can adjust the color/marker/etc. of brushed data.

I've added a new framework for plot tools, which are basically just
user operations on a plot.  The zooming and brushing that was
implemented before was a crufty hack; the current implementation is
part of a nice larger framework.

For test purposes, I've attached various tools to mouse buttons in a
semi-random fashion.  If you want to experiment, here is what does
what:

button 1: zoom in (if you hold the button down, you keep zooming in)
button 2: drag view (hold the button down and move the pointer)
button 3: zoom out (if you hold the button down, you keep zooming out)

ctrl+button 1,2,3: "paint" or brush the data into different styles
                   (three different brush radii are used, just for
                   fun)

shift+button 1: select a rectangle to specify the new screen bounds
shift+button 2: select a rectangle, set all points in the rectangle
                back to the default style

ctrl+shift+button 1: go back to the default screen bounds
ctrl+shift+button 2: make the current point the center of the plot

Obviously, these will *not* be the the default controls in future
versions.  There will be a nicer, less random arrangement.

Frame selection and brushing now happens with nice visual cues.  (I
love the canvas.)

There are also several small bug fixes that are not worth mentioning.

Download, build, enjoy.
-JT

--
GNU/Linux: Free your mind and your OS will follow.