Re: [guppi-list] Problems with readline

On Sat, Feb 26, 2000 at 10:11:08PM +0100, Juergen Boemmels wrote:
> I have still problems running guppi 0.34.1
>
> when I start I get the following messages:
<snip>
> libguppiuseful-Message: Initializing Guile
> ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
> ERROR: /home/boemmels/gnome/lib/libguilereadline.so: undefined symbol:
> rl_deprep_term_function

<grumble> Guile will be the death of me.

I've had enough of these problems.  I'm disabling automatic readline
activation by default in guile.  It just causes too many problems for
too many people.

You'll be able to turn readline on in three different ways from now
on:

(1) I've added an --enable-guile-readline arg to configure.
(2) You can put
    (use-modules (ice-9 readline) (ice-9 session))
    (activate-readline)
    in your .guppirc file.
(3) You can type the snippet of scheme from (2) into the guile
    terminal.

(If your libguilereadline is broken, this will still cause the process
to meet a horrible death, of course.)

I'm checking this change into CVS now, and I'll release a version
0.34.2 soon.  (My local version of the code is in a bit of flux right
now: instead of just sticking in the change to 0.34.1 and releasing
that, I think that I'll wait a day and finish up some cute
improvements to the scatter plot that I've been working on...)

-JT

--
GNU/Linux: Free your mind and your OS will follow.