Re: [guppi-list] Patches for Goose

> I'm submitting to the list several additions to Goose that I hope you will
> find useful.

I find it very useful.  Nice work!

> In that respect, tests are `throw-away' objects in that once
> the test has been performed and all of the data have been extracted, one
> can simply delete them.

This is similar to the way the ascii import works.  I think this is a nice way
to do it.

I'm not in a position to decide anything, but I think that this patch should go
in.  Only two comments from me:  Missing documentation, although I for one
shouldn't speak too loud about that.  Second, you need to update the copyrights
in the headers.

Speaking of copyrights and licensing:  You may know that there has been some
licensing affairs discussed here because I am using Goose in a commercial
application on Win32.  The thing is that the Microsoft linker is braindead, so
I have a hard time to build Goose as a library and link dynamically to that, as
the LGPL suggests.  It turns out that I can work around this limitation in at
least three ways and still comply to the LGPL, so as long as you contribute
your code under the LGPL, I think everything is fine.  (I only bring this up
because at some point, we discussed whether we should add an ammendment to the
license to avoid this problem, but it turns out that we don't need to as far as
I am concerned.)

Greets,

Asger Alstrup