Re: [guppi-list] Re: changes in goose

On Wed, Oct 28, 1998 at 09:31:04AM -0600, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Asger Alstrup Nielsen wrote:
> > I was browsing the automake/autoconf documentation to learn how to set up
> > the Unix configuration to default the CXXFLAGS to "-Wall -pedantic -ansi"
> > when using gcc, but I didn't manage to.  Maybe somebody on this list knows
> > what needs to be put in where?
>
> Jon and I played with this some, I thought we added this but I guess we
> didn't at the last minute. He'll have to remind me why we did that because
> I've forgotten.

My own local version of Goose is set up to generate Makefiles with
-Wall -pedantic -ansi, but I didn't want to check it in until
everything compiled properly with those flags set.

It sounds like Asger has resolved many of the issues.  I'll do an
update and, once it all seems proper, I'll check in the extra-paranoid
configure.in

-JT