ssdp-question

Hello,

at first, let me wish you a Happy New Year.

I use the xupnpd2 media-server (http://xupnpd.org/xupnpd2_en.html) on my router to transport some hls-streams and jpg's from the internet to my TV.

The TV plays a background sound when the jpg's are displayed. It's possible to deactivate this sound, but these setting will not saved permanently. But it's possible to remote control the TV via xml.

Does someone know an application (proxy?) when a media-device (e.g. a TV) connects to xupnpd2 media-server, a script is executed? I receive no answer from the xupnpd2 author in this issue.

My only idea is to strace xupnpd2 in a loop (shell script), wait for a certain ssdp-communication and execute a second shell script to remote control the TV.

Thanks and best regards,
Thomas