Re: gupnp_device_info_get_udn: assertion 'GUPNP_IS_DEVICE_INFO (info)' failed

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 2:20 PM, Steve Harrington
<steven harrington comcast net> wrote:
I've written a program using libgupnp and libvlc to access a Ceton eth6 TV
tuner. The user program has not been changed for months and has worked well.
I've suddenly started getting the following error:

(CetonPlay:21673): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid uninstantiatable type
'<unknown>' in cast to 'GUPnPDeviceInfo'

** (CetonPlay:21673): CRITICAL **: gupnp_device_info_get_udn: assertion
'GUPNP_IS_DEVICE_INFO (info)' failed
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

These errors trace back to:

resource_expire() at gssdp-resource-browser.c:662
(a screenshot of the trace is attached)

The obvious (to me) suspect is a change in a system library (libgssdp,
libgupnp, libgobject, ...) but I can find no sign that any of these has been
updated recently.

I'm not sure how to go at this so any pointers appreciated.

I am running Linux Mint 17

On Ubuntu you can see the package upgrade history in
"var/log/apt/history.log, so I assume Mint is similar.