Re: gupnp_device_info_get_udn: assertion 'GUPNP_IS_DEVICE_INFO (info)' failed

I've written a program using libgupnp and libvlc to access a Ceton
eth6
TV tuner. The user program has not been changed for months and has
worked well.
I've suddenly started getting the following error:

(CetonPlay:21673): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid uninstantiatable
type '<unknown>' in cast to 'GUPnPDeviceInfo'

Do you remember from which version to which version you updated?
Package versions would be more helpful than so names, I'm afraid.

Smells a bit like memory corruption, the <unknown> looks like the
contents of the list are not what it expects.

Are you comfortable with using valgrind?

** (CetonPlay:21673): CRITICAL **: gupnp_device_info_get_udn:
assertion
'GUPNP_IS_DEVICE_INFO (info)' failed
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

These errors trace back to:

resource_expire() at gssdp-resource-browser.c:662
(a screenshot of the trace is attached)

The obvious (to me) suspect is a change in a system library
(libgssdp,
libgupnp, libgobject, ...) but I can find no sign that any of these
has
been updated recently.

I'm not sure how to go at this so any pointers appreciated.

I am running Linux Mint 17 with the following gupnp libraries
installed
from the Mint repository:
libgssdp-1.0.a
libgssdp-1.0.so